Thursday, June 25, 2009

After the Knife

I survived!  Not that I really doubted or that Jesse did either, but I also feel like the not-so-norm happens in my life from time to time, so I didn't want to be that rare cause of death :)

Anyway, this was my first surgical experience, beside have wisdom teeth taken out, and so far was pretty positive. It apparently only took about 40 or so minutes.  All the nurses and help were so nice. I like my doctor and heard he is the top in the states for surgery on ovaries, utuerus, etc with the conditions I was dealing with.

And as typical, I hang on to humor to get me through challenging situations, so Jesse and I cut up, no pun intended, all the way up until I had to be wheeled off to surgery.  And as that, I don't remember a thing after being wheeled into the surgical room, and my next memories are when I was waking up.  I remember after my wisdom teeth were taken out and the 3 gum surgeries I had when they gave me 'goofy gas', that I didn't like waking up and so it takes me a while to come out of the sleep.  And that was today; it sounded like her voice was getting a bit fearful, but I finally came to.  and of course, quipped one liners off whenever they came to mind...I'm sure they weren't expecting a comedy skit when I woke up....my last one I remember was with the girl wheeling me outside; I was SLOWLY changing my clothes and coughing, b/c of the throat tube, and she came in the bath to check on me...I was clothed then, but she and the nurse working with me wanted to make sure I was ok, and so I had also managed to get my hair fixed and the nurse said, "ah, you look nice", and I replied, "yes, don't hate me because I'm beautiful"....the nurse laughed b/c she had already heard my earlier comments, but the young helper hadn't so she stood there unsure to laugh or not....I was drugged but it was still funny.

Anyway, I'm alright; don't feel like talking too much; my calves are SORE from the pressure leg cuffs, and there's a bit of soreness in my gut.  Additionally, my shoulder is starting to hurt which is a sign that the gas they pump in me to make my gut cavity open up more so they can work, is rising up through my body.  So, they all said for me to walk when I'm starting to recover from the anethesia...which we did tonight.  

So, I'm off to bed again and hope that I don't have any extra pain tonight.  They were surprised at how healthy I was...I don't take any meds, no health issues, no other surgeries beside the dental work....so I think the good health the Lord blessed me with has really been a blessing for this.  But....we'll see what tomorrow brings...it may be a whole new story!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephanie & Jesse: so glad surgery is over and you are on your way to healing. We will keep praying. I added you to my blogroll on my blog, hope that's okay. It's so good to be "in touch"! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete